2014年7月12日星期六

Why I Deleted Six of My Previously Published Posts

    I deleted just now six posts that I published on my blog in the past two weeks. Why? I am going to tell you the reasons as follows.  
    Before I came here to Yale University for a summer session seminar, I had never written a blog, and I knew little about it.
    Owing to Carrie's help, who is one of our summer session seminar instructors, I learned to create a blog of my own on the second day I arrived in Yale, namely, on July 1. I am very happy that I have started my blog, and I am extremely grateful to Carrie for teaching me the skill.
    Nevertheless, since I am not experienced in using a blog, I made a mistake--I published some posts which are about the class observations I did in the past two weeks.I did this because I misunderstood Carrie and thought we were required to do so as an assignment. This morning I learned that my friend Summer has never published any class observation on her blog, which made me reflect whether what I did is wrong. I suddenly recalled that the other day Summer accidentally opened some strangers' blogs, which means that others, not only my instructors and my colleagues whom I have added to my friends list, are able to read my posts! Immediately I realized that I should not have published those of my posts about my class observations in which I mentioned the names of the specific teachers and even made short comments on their classes.
    Hence, I deleted those six of my previously published posts.             

1 条评论:

  1. I understand entirely, and I agree those observations probably shouldn't be on your experience/travel blog...this is a memento of your time here, rather than a professional account of your classes.
    I thoroughly enjoyed your Thimble Island post...lovely description and sentiments.

    回复删除