2014年7月15日星期二

Sleepless Nights in Yale

    It has been more than half a month since my colleagues and I came here in Yale University for the summer session program, and during this period, I have never had a good night's sleep. 
    I live on the third floor in Morse Residential College. I cannot sleep well here at night for two reasons: loud noise and hot weather. The loud noise is made by the air conditioners. I have the habit of keeping the windows open when I sleep at night at home, but here in Yale, I have to close the windows because it is so noisy outside that I cannot fall asleep if I open them. The second reason is hot weather. There is no conditioner installed in our apartment rooms. If I close the window, the temperature inside gets higher and the air becomes smelly. Some of my roommates bought an electric fan to keep the room cooler, but physically I am not fit for using electrical fans. My solution to the problem is sleeping on the desk for the first half of the night, and on the bed for the second half. Consequently, I cannot have a good sleep at night. 
    I don't know whether other people living here have got the same problem as I do, but I believe that the loud noise might not be good to students' health. Nothing is perfect in the world, so it is with Yale University. One of the world's top university as she is, Yale university certainly has got her problem.     
    
            

2 条评论:

  1. I am (or We are) more fornate than you. We have no airconditioner and do not need one.

    回复删除
  2. Good you said it's better now.

    回复删除