2014年7月21日星期一

After Locking Myself Out

     At about 7:30 this evening, I locked myself out, which I had thought would never happen to me. Fortunately, one of my colleagues had done this before and I have learned about how to get help.
        I went down stairs and called the police. After I introduced myself and gave a brief account of what happened, the policeman who answered my call handed the phone to another policeman, and I repeated my words. The second policeman said on the phone that they would send someone over to me. Feeling ashamed, I apologized to him again and again. About ten minutes later, a policeman arrived. I thought he came to help me, so I immediately approached him and greeted him. But after I told him which building I live in, he went to the adjacent building saying he would soon come back to me, for someone else also needed his help and he /she called the police earlier than I did. He apologized to me, and I replied it was OK.
         Very soon, about 5 minutes later, the policeman returned. He is a very polite and friendly man. Again he said sorry for keeping me waiting. He opened the door of my apartment room, and asked me to fill in a form. And kindly he told me to write down only the important information. When it was done, again I apologized to him for the trouble. He replied smiling that it was his responsibility. At last, we happily said good-bye to each other and he left. 
         I love the policemen's high work efficiency, and I truly appreciate their help. 

1 条评论:

  1. So for a bad experience, it was a good experience. Lucia told me she had done the same just the afternoon before. Clearly the security force is becoming a close and personal friend to the ELI program.

    回复删除