2014年7月1日星期二

My First Impression of America

For the first time in my life, I came to America on June 23. My colleagues and I have so far toured four of American cities: Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Washington D.C. What impressed me most is the environment in the country.
 
 
Compared with my motherland China, America has a much more comfortable and beautiful environment. First, there are lawns, green trees and clean rivers everywhere, and the sky is blue and clear wth white clouds. Wherever you go, you feel like you were in a beautiful picture. Furthermore, the roads and streets are very clean, and the air is fresh, which smells of green grass and fresh flowers, making you feel extremely comfortable.  

Highly industrialized as she is, why does America have such a beautiful and comfortable environment? According to me, there are mainly two reasons as follows:
       

       
       America has a reltively much smaller population in comparison with China. As we know, a smaller population means less food and energy consumed and thus less garbage produced. Since America has a large territory, a smaller population also means more land for lawns and trees. Second, America possesses the world’s most advanced technology, which enables the people in this country effectively cope with various sorts of pollutants and manufacture vehicles and appliances which are more eco-friendly.

 


没有评论:

发表评论